Friday, December 22, 2006

Where my Mum is this Christmas

This is where my dear Mother is currently to be found:


A vast, largely uninhabited land, belonging to no government, happily overrun by glacial fauna. Antarctica is perpetually cold and icy and a long way from Britain. Well, unless you live in that area of Britain coveted by Argentina, that is.


I admire Mum tremendously for going here on holiday. I shall for merely the second time since becoming aware of yuletide festivities be missing out on her succulent cooking.

This is my Mum's first Xmas away from the family in 43 years. She has indeed fully earned some Christmas respite.

I might have wanted to ask her to bring me home a baby penguin but I think that would have been a bit mean of me.

Myself, I go to Barcelona today. Then, the following day, I go to to Biarritz, to see my sister and her husband and their children.

I know litttle about Barcelona, but this will shortly change.

2 comments:

elijah said...

Welcome to the Dark Side! Thanks for coming over. This will be short as the light is fading and i need to go outside before sunglasses-wearing becomes stupid, but i will write a vast amount of letters tomorrow, possibly the day after, commenting on the minutest details of everything you have ever written. Merry xmas! (where x= CHI)

Jonathan said...

By the 'dark side' I presume you mean 'blogger'?

I believe my hair may be more in need of such a focused attention than my effusions, but thanks nonetheless for the interest.

You may find Braitslava a bit unkicking this evening..but Bayonne will outdo it yet. Time for the interior, I suspect.