Saturday, December 16, 2006

Prostrators in Boudnath -August 2005

I wonder if this will work.




Yesterday in a nightclub I was told that I'm not Shakespeare. Yes, you're right I thought. Nor is my first name William. I think my friend thought that I think I'm a better writer than I am; that this was the reason my posts, especially my recent ones, have been 'too long'. I don't think I'm a 'better' writer than Shakespeare, but I am a different writer. He seemed particularly taken aback when I said I didn't want to be Shakespeare. It was as if he thought everyone should want to be Shakespeare, that it is a kind of blasphemy not to want to be him. Intriguing. Do you want to be Shakespeare?

The video was shot by me, even though it now belongs to You Tube. In fact, everything out here in my virtual domain belongs to someone else - well, apart from my ideas. But even they came from somewhere else, just like my brain.
It depicts Buddhists prostrating at, and walking around, Boudnath Stupa in Kathmandu in September 2005.

It was too crowded to dance much last night. I didn't want to flail around and hit people and spill my beer. Nice to see Stetson hatted ladies gyrating on the bar, however. Can we have this more in England please?

1 comment:

nn said...

I, too, dislike the lack of control that I have over my photos posted on Blogger. The only caution I took was to post them with a reduced quality.