Friday, September 21, 2007

If you're a spy, I hope you find this interesting

When I was in Alfredo's room, which he keeps ice cool in a delightful manner, I showed him how to set up a blog, and warned him, as one must, of how temperamental Blogger can be with its fonts. Later Alfredo would tell me I could write about our chats but to keep his identity secret, since he was feeling a bit paranoid.

I'd earlier told Peter he could email me if he wanted. He worried the internet police would be able to trace him through his email. He hadn't heard of the possibility of calling yourself dirtydrunkbananas@yahoo.com or something like that. He was excited to be enlightened. Still, I told him I didn't know how determined the snoopers would be, whether they'd go to the trouble of asking internet cafe managers who'd been using a specific computer at a particular time.

Maybe they're exaggerating. Or maybe they're not.

No comments: