Tuesday, April 24, 2007

In the event

If I suddenly died my password would die with me. Not only would my blogs permanently cease, but nobody would have access to my email account either. All emails would be unsurprisingly unanswered and people whom I only have contact with by email would not know I had departed. Nor could they be told.

Do you think yahoo and blogger etc grant password access to next of kin in the event of a demise. Somehow I doubt it. And then within a month everything just vanishes anyway. From Yahoo at least.

I suppose this scenario must have already happened on more than a few occasions.

Perhaps I should put my password in an envelope marked 'in the event'.

Golly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting you should mention this, Jon. A friend of mine, Chas, died during his twenties and his brother managed to inform all the contacts in Chas's email address book of the sad news. To this day I wonder how he did it, as Chas had by no means anticipated that he might die (i.e. I can't imagine that Chas would have given his brother his password). Unfortunately I'm not in touch with Chas's brother, so couldn't tell you how he did it. One thing's for sure though - it must be possible. If you do find out, could you let me know?